Friday, April 3, 2009

One Book Can Make a Difference

Even though more than 150,000 copies of our books are in circulation in jails, prisons, and youth detention centers, we continually receive mail from inmates, as well as chaplains, teachers, counselors, and librarians requesting our books for the inmates they serve. They simply do not have the money to purchase our books.

If you are willing to send just one book to one of the persons requesting one from us, please reply and I will e-mail you an address to send one of our books. Please specify if you prefer to send a book to an inmate or to a staff person. You may order a book through Amazon or to order a copy of Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul directly from our publisher, click on the cover below:

Chicken Soup for the Prisoner's Soul

Below is an excerpt from a story in our upcoming book, Serving Productive Time that quotes Adam who wrote to me after reading one of our books:

“I sold Ecstasy for only four months . . . but I got busted. After being drug-free for twenty-nine years, I screwed up my life, and now I’m facing a sentence of up to twenty years,” he explained. “When I went to prison, suicide was a very real option. Soon after I was locked up, my mom sent me a book—Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul. I read it in one day. It was then that I realized that I could make it.”

Thank you for helping to make a difference.

2 comments: