Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spanish Books for Prisoners

Although we have received some requests, asking for our books to be available in Spanish, we have received as many letters from inmates telling us that they have used our books to help them learn English. Below is one of those we received:

"I was incarcerated in the USA, Los Angeles county jail and Chukawalla State Prison. My name is Jorge, I’m from Mexico. I was incarcerated in the USA in 2001 and released in 2003. Sir, I would like to say thanks to you, for that great book that you do something in it, I have no words to tell you because my English is very bad, to tell you the true I learned English reading this great book, “Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul.” Sir, the stories in this book, helped me to change my life’s direction. When I read it, I found so many things I needed to hear that nobody told me before. When I got out from jail I was a different person because of your book. As soon as I was released in February, I started going to school. In 3 years, I graduated from high school, and now I’m doing my best to get a degree in the university. I just wanted to say ‘Thank you’ for the things you do to help others make a difference in their lives. Thanks so much."
-- Jorge

When we receive requests for books in Spanish, we offer them discounts on about a dozen of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" titles that we can obtain for them at a quantity discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment