Saturday, March 13, 2010

What People Are Saying About Our Books...

"After reading your book, Serving Productive Time, I have been inspired and motivated to live a better and positive life. I even made a TO DO LIST of goals and things that I need to improve, including getting a Bible and finding my relationship with God. I’m an 'Underground Rapper,' and I used to write and rap about 'negative' things that wouldn’t motivate anybody except for people that do not appreciate life. But your book gave me motivation to send a 'positive' message that will hopefully inspire my listeners to have hope, appreciate life, and for them to know that they are not alone. I think that you two are angels! You’ve touched my heart and changed my life. God Bless You."
- Jeremy, Emporia, Virginia

“I hate the life I’ve led and all the people I hurt. In this bad point in my life, Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul encouraged me to look forward to a better future.”
– Joshua, Florence, Arizona

"I want to take this time to thank you both for being wonderful ambassadors for Christ, and using your time and God-given talents to truly be a conductor of change for many men and women throughout this country."
- John Schmidt, Smyrna, Delaware

“I’m not the same person since I read Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul. It continues to inspire me and other inmates here.”
– Benjamin, Taber City, North Carolina

"Your books are my only way of feeling the Lord's presence in my cell. Thanks for helping me know that I'm not all alone."
- Kelly, Richmond, California

“It’s hard to maintain hope when all around me, all I see is darkness. But when I begin to feel this way, I simply pick up the book Serving Time, Serving Others, and I’m reminded that even in prison miracles do happen . . . that kindness overshadows the dark, and that I cannot ever give up hope.”
- Glenn Wright, FCC-Petersburg, Virginia

"We ordered lots of Serving Productive Time, and we're 'eating it up.' These short, inspirational stories from people 'who have been there' are very helpful to our men and women in King County Jail. With the level of stress, fear about their futures, and the lack of distracting programs, our inmates find the Serving Productive Time, Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul, and Serving Time, Serving Others books to be 'Life Savers' or 'God-Sends.' We are so grateful for them!"
- Patrice Eilers, OP – Seattle, Washington

“The stories in Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul made me feel better, grateful, and not so sad with self-pity. Thanks for remembering us in prison with this book.”
- Kevin, Cumberland, Maryland

“Through Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul, I found hope in a seemingly hopeless situation.”
– Joseph, Suffolk, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment